Spirit Guides Meditation
Your guides are here to help and support you every day of your life, so it makes sense to talk to them and ask for their guidance. Talk to them through your conscious mind, in your dreams and through mediation. Spirit Guides are on the astral levels and are filled with love and compassion.
Meeting your spirit guides is a special meditation so you may want to prepare your meditation space in a special way. Maybe add a few ritualistic things, such as lighting a white candle or another colored candle of your choice. Maybe say a prayer stating your intent for this meditative session. If you wish you may add sacred objects such as the Christian cross, or any other religious symbol with meaning for you, thus adding to the spiritual significance of the meditation.
- Once you are all set and prepared, take your time. There is no rush.
- Sit in a comfortable position, one that you can sustain for about 30-45 minutes.
- Close your eyes and take in a deep cleansing breath. Fill your lungs to their fullest capacity. Then release the breath through your mouth and push all the air out of your body. Take in 3 deep breaths through the nose, imagine the white light from the universe coming into your lungs and collecting at your solar plexus.
With all 3 exhalations, picture all the stress, anxiety and negativity you have leaving your body. Now begin to relax your entire body and mind.
- Begin at your solar plexus and imagine the white light moving up and down your body from this point. Imagine the warmth of the energy as it passes through your muscles and organs. Feel the tingling sensations as the light moves down to your toes and up your body to the top of your head. Imagine your entire body being cleansed by this white divine light, from the inside out.
- Ask your guides and teachers to come to you and to help with the purpose of this mediation. State your intention clearly and ask God or Spirit to help you with your meditative journey. Thank them for their help and support.
- Keep your eyes closed, but look up at the middle of your forehead, just above the brow. This is the position of your Third Eye and is therefore the gateway to higher conscious realms. Try to keep your eyes focused on this point. The muscles around your eyes may become sore quite quickly when you first do this, so don't overdo it. With practice, this step will become easier and easier.
- As you focus on your Third Eye imagine you are at the start of a tunnel, dimly light and slanted upward. Imagine your astral body standing up from your physical body and beginning to walk towards and into the tunnel. See the lights and detail on the walls and the texture of the floor as you walk through the tunnel. Imagine yourself moving upward safely and with ease.
- Ahead of you, in the distance, you can see a brilliant white light. This is the light of the Universal consciousness, of God or Spirit. Feel the peace, calm, protection and knowledge as it fills your body and mind. With each step closer, you feel more relaxed and at peace.
- As you approach the brilliant white light, it invites your soul into this realm of enlightenment. As you pass through you can see someone a little way off waiting for you. At first the image may be a little blurry.
- As you get closer to him or her (or them), you begin to see their features more clearly. You can also see the type of clothes they're wearing, the style of their hair and any jewelry. Sense the warmth of the love they have for you.
- Finally, standing right in front of this wonderful soul, you can see their face very clearly and you know this is your guide. As you embrace, you can feel their energy surrounding you, both spiritually and physically. Make a mental note of this feeling so that you can recognize it when you return and feel your guide during your day-to-day life.
- The remainder of this meditation is up to the individual. You can ask their name, ask them what your purpose is in this lifetime. What lessons you're here to learn or what karma you need to resolve. Or how you know them, what their relationship is to you. Don't be afraid to be creative and interactive.
- When you have finished your visit, make sure you thank them deeply for their gift of service and protection to you. Thank them for coming here during this meditation to meet you and/or visit with you. Give them a goodbye hug, then turn and head back for the tunnel.
- Imagine yourself passing through the brilliant white light and heading back down the tunnel. Imagine yourself walking through the door to your room or the space you are in, and seeing your physical body right where you left it. As your soul steps back inside your spiritual body, all the visions sensations and answers you received merge with your conscious mind and are stored there now.
- Take in a deep breath, begin to feel your body, become more and more aware of your surroundings. Open your eyes and enter again into the physical world.
Before you get on with your day-to-day life it is advisable to record this event in some way. On tape or in a journal. The choice is yours. It's important to do it right away while the images, feelings and sounds are still clear in your mind.
You don't have to reserve this mediation for just meeting your guides when you have particular questions. You can visit with them just because you want to. Remember your guides are there to help and support you throughout life!