Native American Astrology - Birth Totem Crow
- Birth and animal totem: Crow (September 23rd - October 22nd).
- Moon: Ducks flying moon.
- Season Aspect: Falling leaves time
- Wind Relation: West winds.
- Directional Relation: South-west.
- Element Relation: Air.
- Elemental clan: Butterfly clan.
- Plant totem: Ivy.
- Mineral totem: Azurite.
- Polarity with: Falcon.
- Color Aspect: Blue.
- Musical vibration: A natural.
- Personality: Tolerant and friendly.
- Spiritual energy: Feminine energies.
- Emotions: Sensitive.
- Positive traits: Diplomatic, often romantic and overly optimistic.
- Negative traits: Gullible, indecisive and often holds a grudge.
- Compatibilities: Otter and deer.
- Conscious Desire: Partnership.
- Subconscious desire: Balance and harmony.
- Spiritual Path: Peace and balance.
- Strengths: Caution, making decisions and letting go.
- Weakness: Taking sides, indecision and trusting to much.
- Keywords - Peaceful, intelligent, charming, idealistic, romantic, tricky.
Birth totem crow is an individual whose outer personality is driven by the quest to bond with another. By design, the crow is a highly curious creature, imbued with a remarkable degree of intelligence. Despite such intelligence, this heightened curiosity will often lead Crow in the path of unforeseen danger. As he follows the glimmering call of a shiny penny, he is oblivious to the encroaching threat of an oncoming vehicle, so intent is he upon retrieving the fascinating object. Birth totem crow individuals can become so focused upon the goal of attaining partnership, that other areas of their daily life may tend to be ignored, eventually leading to some crisis of faith, health or practical consideration that will realign them, at least temporarily, to the bills needing to be paid or the vehicle in need of repair.
In Nature, the crow is part of a community of other crows, and thus, they are very social, preferring the company of their fellow winged ones (and even the company of two-leggeds), to being alone. Like their animal brothers and sisters, birth totem crow will seek companionship and interactions with others almost compulsively. The underlying force that drives one who is operating from the personality center of this birth totem, is a fear of being alone and faced with their own company. Because so much of the focus and attention for one with this birth totem is exerted upon relating to, and pleasing "others" they have learned very little about themselves and thus, have not developed the relationship with the inner self that is requisite for a soul to fully integrate as it moves along the sacred hoop of physical life.
Once crow individual takes the time to go within and learn about themselves, their role along the Red Road, and the lessons they have chosen to come and learn, they will then discover all of the shiny and fascinating aspects of themselves that they have been blessed with. This may then take them on a journey toward a deep and abiding relationship to the self, consequently adding even more to their relationships with others. Thus, the attainment of the higher intent for this birth totem may be had - to know true balance and harmony.
© Wolfs Moon and part of a forthcoming book "Life Paths - Journeys through Spirit with Animal Totems."
~ Used with permission with some small additions by Psychic Revelation.