Native American Astrology - Birth Totem Deer
- Birth and animal totem: Deer (May 21st - June 20th).
- Moon: Corn planting moon.
- Season Aspect: The flowering time.
- Wind Relation: East winds.
- Directional Relation: South-east.
- Element Relation: Air with fire.
- Elemental clan: Butterfly clan.
- Plant totem: Lily of the Valley
- Mineral totem: Agate.
- Polarity with: Owl.
- Color Aspect: Green.
- Musical vibration: E natural.
- Weakness: Moodiness, "day dreaming".
- Personality: Talkative, congenial, moody.
- Spiritual energy: Feminine energies.
- Emotions: Sensitive.
- Positive traits: Friendly, intellectual and quick witted.
- Negative traits: Restless, yet insecure.
- Compatibilities: Crows and otters.
- Conscious Desire: Bridging gaps.
- Subconscious desire: Mastery of the mind.
- Spiritual Path: Sharing what one has learned or experienced for growth.
- Strengths: Persistence and concentration.
- Keywords: Intelligent, skilled communicator, knowledgeable, conveyor of ideas, friend to all, restless.
Birth totem deer is one whose outer personality is one of apparent contradictions as she is gentle in appearance, yet strong, fleet of mind, yet slow in putting her thoughts into action. Her conscious desire is to be an integral part of the threading together of humanity, to weave a blanket of oneness from all races, spiritual beliefs and cultural backgrounds, and yet she may have difficulty in integrating her mind to her emotional center. So long as deer flees from the "demons" of her own making, she will not achieve her dream of becoming a thread in the quilt of acceptance, for she is not accepting of her own inner self.
Think of sister deer as she moves quietly through the forest, ever alert for the subtlest of movements, the slightest of sounds that will warn her of impending danger, and yet her own flightiness often leads her straight into the sights of the hunter. When one who has deer as their birth totem can learn to calm her restless nature, learns to quiet her frantically beating heart, she may begin the process of formulating her thoughts, untangling them from the massive ball of jangled threads into a garment of higher knowledge that can then be passed along to others. By first addressing her own acceptance of herself, then embracing and bringing together friends, associates and new acquaintances who are friends not yet known, into a common ground of shared goals, she will ultimately learn mastery over her restless mind, and thus truly begin the process of integrating her mind with her emotional center.
© Wolfs Moon and part of a forthcoming book "Life Paths - Journeys through Spirit with Animal Totems."
~ Used with permission with some small additions by Psychic Revelation.