Native American Astrology - Birth Totem Owl
- Birth and animal totem: Owl (November 23rd - December 21st).
- Moon: Snowy moon.
- Season Aspect: Starry night moon.
- Wind Relation: West winds.
- Directional Relation: North-west.
- Element Relation: Fire.
- Elemental clan: Hawk clan.
- Plant totem: Poinsettia.
- Mineral totem: Obsidian.
- Polarity with: Deer.
- Color Aspect: Gold.
- Musical vibration: C sharp.
- Personality: Laugh-hearty, loving and independent.
- Spiritual energy: Feminine energy.
- Emotions: Caring.
- Positive traits: Adaptable, trustworthy.
- Negative traits: Restless and loud.
- Compatibilities: Falcons and salmon.
- Conscious Desire: To understand the spirit and the human nature.
- Subconscious desire: Applying the spiritual to the physical to bring about healing.
- Spiritual Path: Spiritual evolution.
- Strengths: Optimistic, happy and focused.
- Weakness: Often exaggerates, and is concerned with "status".
- Keywords: Optimistic, far-seeing, insightful, direct, self-indulgent.
Birth totem owl is an individual whose outer personality is focused upon understanding all of life’s myriad mysteries. In nature, the Owl is known for her ability to quietly observe her prey as she sits perched atop a nearby tree limb, waiting for the opportune moment in which to strike. When the moment comes, owl will fly silently, taking the intended prey by complete surprise. Like their birth totem, individuals born under owl will fly into new situations and encounters with their eyes wide open and their ears attuned to the slight nuances and mannerisms that will reveal much to them about their new environment or companions. This knowledge may be utilized to gain better understanding and appreciation for others, or (if the owl person is operating from contrary personality), the information obtained may be used to strike down those who they may perceive as a threat.
Perhaps the greatest natural ability of birth totem owl individual is his/her ability to see the good in nearly any situation they encounter. One who is operating from a well integrated owl center, may inspire others to rise above their own indifference and succumb to the contagious enthusiasm of the owl, thereby participating in a group effort to effect positive change in the world around them. One of the greatest challenges to this particular birth totem is that these individuals have a difficult time in settling their own restless inclinations to be forever on the move, if not literally, then metaphorically speaking. So intent are they upon seeing all they can see, and experiencing everything that can possibly be squeezed into one lifetime, that they often miss the deeper sense of satisfaction that can come with setting up nest and nurturing a deeper understanding of a few select topics, rather than skimming the surface of many varied subjects and hence, gleaning little useful knowledge. When birth totem owl individual can come to the ultimate understanding of their own restless nature and quell the impulse to fly in fear of what they may find within themselves, then the higher self may be met and embraced through their newfound skill of focused concentration.
© Wolfs Moon and part of a forthcoming book "Life Paths - Journeys through Spirit with Animal Totems."
~ Used with permission with some small additions by Psychic Revelation.