Native American Astrology - Birth Totem Snake
- Birth and animal totem: Snake (October 23rd - November 22nd).
- Moon: Cold winds moon.
- Season Aspect: The frosting time.
- Wind Relation: West winds.
- Directional Relation: West.
- Element Relation: Water.
- Elemental clan: Frog Clan.
- Plant totem: Mums.
- Mineral totem: Amethyst.
- Polarity with: Beaver.
- Color Aspect: Lavender.
- Musical vibration: B natural.
- Personality: Impulsive, ambitious.
- Spiritual energy: Masculine energy.
- Emotions: Hidden, keeping things inside.
- Positive traits: Discerning and imaginative.
- Negative traits: Stubborn, mistrustful, often stubborn.
- Compatibilities: Woodpeckers and wolves.
- Conscious Desire: Acceptance.
- Subconscious desire: Spiritual balance.
- Spiritual Path: Expressing inner intuition.
- Strengths: Creativity, ability to change and sensitive to others.
- Weakness: Egotistical, often aloof and distant.
- Keywords: Intense, Regenerative, Penetrating, Passionate, Scornful.
Birth totem snake is an individual whose outer personality is driven by desires of both the physical body and the emotional heart. In nature, the snake is in a constant state of transformation, regeneration and renewal as he sheds his old skin, revealing a healthy, new skin to begin the next cycle of his life. Like their birth totem, individuals born under the totem of snake are souls compelled toward continual evolution and transformation, driven to discard the past and emerge with the new "flesh" and sight of the dawn now before them.
Yet the process is often a challenging one as in order to step into the brilliant light of self acknowledgment, these individuals must first face, and then release, the painful moments of their past. Many such lessons for birth totem snake, will come in the guise of physical desires as they are very sensual individuals that consciously seek to bond with another on a physical level. These strong urges can be nearly overwhelming at times and may often lead one who has not integrated the physical self to the spiritual, mental and emotional, into painful situations in which they may either unintentionally hurt another, or become hurt themselves.
The reason for this often is because there is a deeper calling that arises from the soul of birth totem snake, the call to spiritual union with another. Yet this call, when one is operating from personality, is heard as a call to join only in physical union. Those times when the snake individual joins with another in an act of physical passion, yet the spiritual union is not achieved, is ultimately left with a sense of dissatisfaction. Whether verbally expressed to their partner or not, this dissatisfaction may ultimately lead to one or both partners becoming disillusioned and wanting "more" from the relationship. When birth totem snake individual can understand the motives of the higher self and can attain true integration between the physical, emotional, spiritual and mental self, then the motive of the higher self for spiritual union will ultimately be attained, both in terms of union with the self, and the union with another.
© Wolfs Moon and part of a forthcoming book "Life Paths - Journeys through Spirit with Animal Totems."
~ Used with permission with some small additions by Psychic Revelation.